Sites with free foods available for families will be operative at various locations in Philadelphia during the outbreak of the new coronavirus, known as COVID-19. These sites have been set up in addition to numerous schools offering meal pick up for children and they are supported by the City, Share Food Program, and Philabundance.
The City and Philadelphia school district have been operating student meal sites at more than 80 locations. Now, this initiative will permit any resident can pick up free food for their household during the crisis.
Residents can pick up a box of food (one box per household) between Monday and Thursday, from 10 a.m. to noon, at 20 sites throughout the city. It is not necessary to present an ID or proof of income for eligibility. Supplies will last up to five days.
This is the full list of food sites:
- People’s Emergency Center, 3750 Lancaster Ave. (19104)
- Upper Room Baptist Church, 7236 Ogontz Ave. (19138)
- Opportunity, Inc., 5900 Lansdowne Ave. (19151)
- Christ Church South Philly, 229 Moore St. (19148)
- Mitchell Elementary School, 5500 Kingsessing Ave. (19143)
- Resurgence Church, 1738 West Atlantic St. (19140)
- West Kensington Ministry, 2140 N Hancock St. (19122)
- Dare to Imagine Church, 6610 Anderson St. (19119)
- Shekinah SDA, 531 Chew Ave. (19120)
- Association of Former Gang Members, 1631 W Susquehanna Ave. (19121)
- Keep the Faith Ministries, 1906 Harrison St. (19124)
- Parkside Association, 1719 N. 52nd St. (19131)
- Richard and Friends, 1916 E Venango St. (19134)
- Triumph Baptist Church, 1648 W Hunting Park Ave.
- Giving Heart Ministries, 6506 Elmwood Ave. (19142)
- SEAMAAC, 1711 S Broad St. (19148)
- Overbrook West Neighbors (OWN), 5925 Lancaster Ave. (19151)
- Iglesia Cristiana Avivamiento, 5500 Tabor Rd. (19120)
- Mizpah SDA, 4355 Paul St. (19124)
- Christian Compassion CDC, 6150 Cedar Ave. (19143)