The Parks and Recreation Department is rolling out the Social Distancing Ambassadors Program in some Philadelphia parks this month.
Parks and Recreation employees will serve as ambassadors and support residents, preserve park spaces and most help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Social Distancing Ambassadors will serve park visitors and the surrounding community in the following way:
- Greet park visitors.
- Provide a warm and welcoming environment for all.
- Track park usage, trash, and other site needs.
- Ensure that Parks & Rec is responsive to community needs.
- Provide visitors with information to keep themselves and others safe.
- Encourage safe park behavior such as making sure visitors:
- Maintain six feet of distance between others.
- Wear face coverings when possible.
The ambassadors and other City of Philadelphia employees are wearing masks and practicing social distancing in an effort to lead by example.
Ambassadors will wear Parks & Recreation clothing with reflective vests. They will be along Kelly Drive, Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive, and the Schuylkill River Trail.